Thursday, April 9, 2009

For Sale: A Clump Of Silver (Sold!)

#15. And the Clump is back!

Quite a few people have asked about #5 - A Clump Of Granite so I thought I'd make another, this time in silver.

I said when I made #5 that I wasn't going to try using stretchy material again but I love silver jewellery and the only silver fabric (not Marimekko) I could find was this slightly expandable piece coated with tiny silver dots. Almost like Glomesh but in 2-D.

I gave it a go and here's #15 - A Clump Of Silver...reminds me of beads of mercury in science class, Ziggy Stardust, Mylar balloons at kiddy parties, The Jetsons, mirrored balls in Sin Poh Poh-type bars, dressing up as an alien at a fancy-dress do...

Worn on the reverse, it looks like you've saved the foil wrappers from candies and made them into a necklace.

The softness and stretch in the fabric makes this piece quite fragile, a lot more than my other pieces, so please treat it with loads of tender loving care if you decide to buy it.

SOLD! You can see the "jewels" on their new mistress here.

2 comments:

personalshopper said...

OMG. I was thinking the last few weeks about a possible silver/ gold lamé fabric and, Voila!

Very pwetty!

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

You want? xx