Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Milky Way Of Rhubarb Rubies & Creamy Marble

And we're back! With #113.

Another commissioned piece. For Jakki who bought a pair of The Empress Dowager's New Ears from me late last year and a necklace for her friend earlier this year.

She knew then that she also wanted something in the Milky Way "setting", a very fun-to-wear scarf-y necklace (see here, here, here and here) but we both got busy and never got down to doing anything about it until May this year.

When we did finally start chatting about it, it was decided that the Milky Way was to be a mix of pastel and nude shades. And the rest was up to me.

These fabric - a textured beige stretch cotton and dusty pink knit (don't they remind you of those rhubarb & cream lollies?) - were the first that I showed to Jakki and she said "YES!". I love it when the customer and I are on the same track.

And a couple more pictures to show how the Milky Way can be worn...

Jakki also wondered if I could make her a brooch...

...using the same fabric. Because she's been so supportive and such a sweetheart, I gave it to her as a gift.

Thank you again, Jakki! Hope you're having loads of fun wrapping the Milky Way around you! Tee hee hee.

2 comments:

flying carpet said...

I love this! Gorgeous colours.

And I think you should make more of the brooches!

x

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Hmmmm...really don't know about the brooches.
There are too many rosette-type ones already out there.
But happy to make them to order if you or anyone else would like one. xx