Friday, February 19, 2010

An Army Of Granite & Musk Sticks (Version 1.0)

#109. A new product! Whoopeedoo!

It's a hand muff! And it's about time this old-school Winter accessory makes a grand comeback, I think!

My hands are always cold in Winter but I hate wearing gloves because they make my fingers look scary. But mittens, I love!

However, it's a hassle to have to remove them when trying to do things like dig in my bag for my bus pass. Or for change to pay for newspapers.

I own only one hand muff and a girl can't be seen wearing the same one all the time, can she? So I thought I'd make my own! And for you too if you'd like one.

Continuing with the The Empress Dowager's New Jewels Go To The Gym Winter theme, I made the hand muff from an army of the same fabric "gems" as #104 - grey sweatshirt fabric with bursts of neon pink tulle overlay.

It hangs off an adjustable strap because some us are shorter/taller than others.

And you will never lose your hand muff like you do with gloves.

Hanging it on your person also leaves your hands free to do things like dig in your bag for you bus pass or change. Tee hee hee. When you're done digging, you can stuff your hands back in to keep them warm again.

You can wear it to the side, if you like, to keep it out of the way when you're indoors.

It is lined with the same sweatshirt fabric but the fluffy side.

And I've added a little secret pocket in the lining. For important things like your bus pass (so you don't have to rummage in your bag!) and bank/credit cards. Nifty, huh?

This is a pretty time-consuming piece so I don't think I'll be putting ready-made ones up in the shop...until I have a bit more time (crazy making some exhibition pieces for March now!).

But if you'd like to help me bring the good ol' hand muff back into fashion before then (and keep your fingers toasty at the same time), I'd be happy to custom-make one of them shnuggly things for you. Write me at likklegirl@gmail.com and we'll work something out! xx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there,

I run a blogshop too. Do you mind linking me and I will link you in return? my blogshop is at http://three-point-six.blogspot.com

Are all these accessories hand made? Very impressed !!

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Hello Weng,
Thank you for your interest in The Empress Dowager's New Jewels.

As you can see, my sidebar is kind of like a catalogue and I'm nearly running out of space. Haha. Until I figure a new way to show my old pieces, I won't be able to add links. Sorry.

Yes, they are all hand-stitched. I don't own a sewing machine. Even if I did, they can't be made using one. x