Thursday, April 2, 2009

For Sale: Ruby Tsunami (Sold!)

Catalogue Item #13. A number that's lucky for some and not for others. And there are those who don't give a hoot.

But fear not, if you are from the superstitious camp!

Miss Ruby Tsunami here is made from the same luscious red "gems" that have brought me supremely good luck - the same that I used to make her half-sister, Dewdrops Of Rubies.

This cute 100% cotton Y-print soft furnishings fabric from Ikea...

...and these three pieces of handprinted (I think) linen-y scraps from my collection of off-cuts.

The curvy red lines reminded me of those Japanese woodblock prints of waves thus the name Tsunami.

One of the aims of this little project of mine is to use up as much of the tiny bits-and-pieces of fabric that I have amassed so I'm happy to bid Tsunami bye-bye.

Like all of the other Empress Dowager's New Jewels, Ruby Tsunami can be worn short, long, mid-length...even back-to-front.

SOLD!

No comments: