Friday, January 22, 2010

A Milky Way Of Tweedy Agate

#105.

Besides "going to the gym" this Autumn/Winter with loads of athletic grey and neon, The Empress Dowager's New Jewels are also going on a slightly traditionally-Winter fabric route - tweed, tartan, suede, wool...snuggly things!

This is the first piece down that path. Made from a wool-blend tweed.

Again, like all pieces in the Milky Way "setting", it can be worn in a multitude of ways. Let your imagination run wild!

This might also be the first piece of The Empress Dowager's New Jewels that I'd like to see on a male. I mean, come on, look at it! It's quite manly and I can so see a boy/man rocking it.

I've not decided if it is for sale. You know how I feel about my first piece of everything. Haha.

But if you like it enough, let me know. I'll let you persuade me.

If you can wait, I've got a few tartan numbers coming up!

Alright, back to sewing them! xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you ever decide to sell, I'm definitely interested! Love your work, and wondering if you have ever worked in leather or suede?

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Hello Vetti,
Thank you for your interest in The Empress Dowager's New Jewels!

Tee hee hee. I think I might be persuaded to sell. I tried to find an email address on your blog but didn't see one. Or maybe I'm blind. Please write me on likklegirl@gmail.com and we'll discuss.

I've worked with suede but of the fabric variety, not the leather type. It looks like suede but handles better in terms of sewing.

And I'm just about to start on a leather piece. Very soft leather reclaimed from a vintage vest. Will post results when it's done.

Thank you for popping by again! Hope to hear from you soon. x