Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Clump Of Blue-Rinsed Ivory (SOLD)

#125.

The last two lace-wrapped pieces (#27 and #54) that I made sold pretty fast so here's another.

This time, I wrapped some baby blue vintage lace I bought from an old lady at a market in Canberra. It's a shame that the lace is made from a synthetic material (the first time that I've used a non-natural fabric for the New Jewels, I believe!) but it's pretty hard to find cotton ones that are coloured these days and in the right width for this purpose.

I hope its prettiness will make up for it! And don't you worry! It's not rough on your skin. I wouldn't have used it otherwise.

Product Information:
~ All pieces are 100% handstitched with love.
~ Each piece is a one-off -> no two pieces of The Empress Dowager's New Jewels are the same
~ The smaller "gems" measure 3cm in diameter and the larger ones are 4.5cm
~ From the first "gem" on the left to the last one on the right: 30cm
~ Length of ribbon-tie: approximately 40cm on each side (to allow for the wearing of your New Jewels at various lengths

~ SOLD! ~

No comments: