Monday, November 30, 2009

A Galaxy Of Amethyst Soda-Pops (SOLD)

#81.

Still can't believe that I've hit the "80" mark with The Empress Dowager's New Jewels!

Eighty-one pieces, all one-offs, designs/styles that will never be repeated again. All handstitched from start to finish, without any machine involved!

My pile of fabrics collected over the years is not as tall as when I first started making the New Jewels - I do miss some of them, especially those that are not in print anymore but I know that they've all gone to good homes. Remember, love your New Jewels and they will love you right back!

Alright, enough of the sappy stuff. About this piece...

It is made from yet another piece of my beloved Marimekko off-cuts - Vermuti by Erja Hirvi, a textile designer that has made some of my favourite prints from Marimekko.

I love his bold and colourful geometric designs like this one used here. And also his "nature" stuff.

I only had a small piece of Vermuti to make this piece and I'm glad it's worked out well - loving how the colours have come together. Like artficially- coloured and flavoured soda-pops. Purple grape-ade, orange juice and blueberry fizz! Haha.

I hope you'll find it tasty too!

SOLD!

No comments: