Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Dainty Bullets Of Pink Cartoon Diamonds

#84.

When I first started making The Empress Dowager's New Jewels, Marge Simpson was a muse. I love the necklace that's always around her neck, for its simplicity and clean lines.

This piece and the other four cut out from the same piece of fabric were made with Marge in mind.

If I had to draw gems for a cartoon, this is how I would draw them.

This is the piece of happy Ikea soft furnishings fabric that the "pink diamonds" are cut from. Very kindly given to me by my pal Ms Carpet. (By the way, if you've got bits of off-cuts and remnants lying around somewhere which you have no use for, I'll be happy to take them in!)

Product Information:
~ All pieces are 100% handstitched with love.
~ Each piece is a one-off -> no two pieces of The Empress Dowager's New Jewels are the same
~ All "gems" measure 2.5cm in diameter except for the tiny one at 1.5cm
~ From the first "gem" on the left to the last one on the right: 35cm
~ Length of ribbon-tie: 39.5cm on each side (to allow for the wearing of your "jewels" at various lengths

Price:
~ Given away to my cousin for Christmas!

No comments: