Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Clump Of Russian Agate

#35. Finally, a new piece up for sale!

It's been loads of fun making pieces for my pals and myself but I have to put a stop to that for a while to keep the shop well-stocked.

Have had this piece of fabric for a while now - I shortened the length on my gorgeous Veronika Maine dress last winter, maybe.

And now, I've made the off-cuts into yet another piece of The Empress Dowager's New Jewels.

If you visit this blog often enough, you will know that I like naming the pieces after gemstones or minerals that the fabric "gems" resemble. This piece does look like Russian Agate, doesn't it? Or am I delusional?

Anyway, this Clump Of Russian Agate can be yours if you want it.

Product Information:
~ All pieces are 100% handstitched with love.
~ Each piece is a one-off - no two pieces of The Empress Dowager's New Jewels are the same
~ The smaller "gems" measure 2.5cm in diameter and the larger ones are 4.5cm
~ From the first "gem" on the left to the last one on the right: 31cm
~ Length of ribbon-tie: 38.5cm on each side (to allow for the wearing of your "jewels" at various lengths)

Price:
~ Given to Auntie Mei for Christmas!

No comments: