Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A Knot Of Carved Ivory (Sold)

#27.

Something that I've wanted to try making for a while now - layering lace over another piece of fabric. Not lace of the cheap polyester variety but good old crocheted cotton lace.





















Took me a while to find some that I like. Took me slighter longer to figure out a quick and effective way to hold the two fiddly layers together but it worked out well in the end so here it is - A Knot Of Carved Ivory. Finished with a generous measure of velvet ribbon for you to wear at various lengths.

The lace on calico does make it look like ivory that's been intricately carved upon, doesn't it?

Well, it's now up for grabs. I think it'll look great with everything - from a simple t-shirt in the day to a slinky dress at night. Or know someone who's getting married in an ivory gown? I'd love to see The Empress Dowager's New Jewels on a blushing bride!

SOLD!

No comments: