Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Strand Of Contaminated Turquoise (SOLD)

#38.

No, it's not going to turn your neck green, silly. "Contaminated", as in "slightly tainted by other colours". Which is pretty cool, I think.

This is the mother lode - a very very small piece of discontinued Marimekko fabric that I've been saving, hoping to find more so that I can make a bigger piece of The Empress Dowager's New Jewels. Haven't had any luck so I thought why not just make a simple strand of "gems"?

I mean, all the major labels have "entry level" pieces so why can't The Empress Dowager's New Jewels have some too? Pieces which are smaller thus more affordable but still retains all the qualities that makes it a unique piece of The Empress Dowager's New Jewels.

So here you go, hopefully the first of many "entry-level" pieces to come, A Strand Of Contaminated Turquoise. I'd grab it if I were you.

SOLD!

4 comments:

personalshopper said...

I love how the light cast shadows, very different from the earlier pics....definitely add a different dimension to the baubles and the mood's quite interesting.

To compliment an outfit for a special night out?

:-*

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Ah, Abbie woke me up really early yesterday with the door-scratching. The light coming in was really good so I shot them all at one go. How I wish I've got a D.O.P or gaffer around all the time! Haha.

I think when I made it, I had Marge Simpson in mind. In fact, when I make most pieces. Love that simple strand of pearls that she wears. x

personalshopper said...

Eeee...without brushing teeth type of early? Hahaha

*Melody* You say Marge Simpson, I say Wilma Flintstone..

:-*

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Ah! I didn't think of Wilma! Thanks! Now I have another muse.

No! Of course I brushed my teeth! Had to take Abbie for a walk before I could do anything else. x