Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Ultimate Galaxy Of Cartoon Gems (SOLD)

#88.

The last of five pieces made with Marge Simpson in mind.

I've always the admire Marge's necklace, something that I've not seen her without.

In fact, it's one of the things that inspired me to make The Empress Dowager's New Jewels from the start. It's a very simple strand of round things yet it completes her look. Just imagine her without it.

When my pal Ms Carpet kindly gave me her off-cuts of this piece of Ikea soft furnishings fabric, I thought they'd make great necklaces for Marge - happy and cartoony and in the Simpsons' colours. And it's how I would draw gems, I think, if I had to for cartoons.

The rest of The Empress Dowager's New Jewels "Cartoon Collection" are here, here, here and here. I hope you'll like them as much as I've enjoyed making them.

SOLD!

No comments: