Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Clump Of Ruby Shards (SOLD!)

#122.

There was still quite a bit of remnant, this red-and-white fabric designed by Erika Pekkari in 2006(!) for Ikea, left over from making Ms Meeps' piece so I thought I should share some "ruby" love.

Product Information:
~ All pieces are 100% handstitched with love.
~ Each piece is a one-off -> no two pieces of The Empress Dowager's New Jewels are the same
~ The smaller "gems" measure 3cm in diameter and the larger ones are 4.5cm
~ From the first "gem" on the left to the last one on the right: 30cm
~ Length of ribbon-tie: approximately 40cm on each side (to allow for the wearing of your New Jewels at various lengths

~ SOLD! ~


_________________________________________________________

Left - #122
Right - The Clump component of The Stack in #121

Would like to take this opportunity to reiterate the fact that no two pieces of The Empress Dowager's New Jewels will ever look same.

The two pieces pictured were cut from the same length of fabric but look how different they are. I don't think I'll be able to make them identical, as hard as I try. I am not a machine.

No comments: