Tuesday, August 24, 2010

For Sale: A Stack Of Onyx Blooms

#115. The first of The Stack.

A new way to wear The Empress Dowager's New Jewels! Bigger and louder! But not much heavier. Yay!

I like to pile them on sometimes and each time I do that, I have people coming up to me wondering what I'm wearing and wanting to inspect the construction of my neck-thing.

So I thought it's time to spread the stacking-love! Give them their own to wear!

The three layers of The Stack are made from this almost-linen-like cotton pillowcase that my bloggy-pal and op-shop queen Skye thrifted and so kindly sent me (because she know that I love printed textile) all the way from Burleigh Heads...

The Strand...

The Dewdrops...

And The Clump.

Three-necklaces-in-one, if you like. You can pile them on or wear them each separately. Wear them long or wear them short. On the flat side or on the ruched side. So many options!


Product Information:
~ All pieces are 100% handstitched with love.
~ Each piece is a one-off -> no two pieces of The Empress Dowager's New Jewels are the same
~ The Strand:

- Each "gem" measures 3cm
- From the first "gem" on the left to the last one on the right: 28.5cm
~ The Dewdrops:
- The larger "gems" measure 4.5cm each and the smaller ones measure 3cm each
- From the first "gem" on the left to the last one on the right: 30.5cm
~ The Clump:
- The larger "gems" measure 4.5cm each in diameter and the smaller ones measure 3cm each
- From the first "gem" on the left to the last one on the right: 30.5cm
~ Length of all ribbon-ties: approximately 40cm on each side (to allow for the wearing of your New Jewels at various lengths)

Price:
~ AU$150.00 (for currency converter, click here) - cheap for a one-of-a-kind handmade piece compared to those mass-produced chainstore trinkets!

To purchase:
~ Please click here for shipping and payment information.

No comments: