Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Empress Dowager's New Jewels Are Going To The Markets! Again!





















One more reason why I've been quiet on this blog.

Yes! My application for a stall at the next Finders Keepers has been accepted!

I can't begin to tell you how happy and excited I was when I got the news. I've always been a huge fan, since their early days when they were know as the Hope Street Markets and operating out of a restaurant space in Surry Hills.

And to be able to set up shop next to real designers whose work I've long admired (see here and here)! Woo! I have a feeling that I'll most probably buy more than I sell on market days.

It's a two-day affair (December 4th and 5th - mark them in your diary!) so I've been sewing like a maniac trying to make up enough pieces. I mean, even if I don't sell them, I'd rather have a full table of New Jewels to show than a few sad lonely pieces.

My plan is to have a total of 30 new pieces. I've made 20 so far and they will be up shortly...when I have the time to photograph them after completing the remaining 10 and hopefully, some Empress Dowager's New Ears too.

Will put up a reminder post when the market days draw near.

No comments: