Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Empress Dowager's New Wing

Front of MonoWing

Another reason why I've been quiet on this blog.

I enrolled in a Beading & Embellishment evening course in early September hoping to learn how to add some bling to The Empress Dowager's New Jewels and this MonoWing, a shoulder embellishment/harness, was my project.

Back of MonoWing

It took me about two months to complete. For those who are interested, here's the process...#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11 and #12.

I won't be re-creating the exact piece for sale here (unless someone wants to commission a piece and is patient enough to wait) but I might make some, in a simplified version to keep the cost low.

However with so much happening at the moment, I'm finding it hard to find time to do it.

And I have a feeling that when I finally do, shoulder-centric accessories might be on their "out" already! Haha!

If that's the case, then I'll be applying my new beading and embroidery skills on some Empress Dowager's New Jewels. Look out! xx

No comments: