Sunday, December 13, 2009

Another Market + A Show

It's been a week since the Finders Keepers markets. Sarah, Lauren and Brooke, the girls who made it happen, did an amazing job organising the event. I don't know if I'll be back as a seller at the next one (would love to but they have very a very strict selection procedure) but will definitely go as a customer like I've always have.

Big big "THANK YOUs" to all who popped by at the stall. I had a wonderful time meeting loads of nice new people, both customers and stallholders. I've compiled a list of things (and the people who made them) that I liked on the other blog. If you still have a few names to strike off that Christmas shopping list, here they are:

~ Finds At Finders Keepers (Part One) - Kristen Doran Design
~ Finds At Finders Keepers (Part Two) - Finchbird
~ Finds At Finders Keepers (Part Three) - The Red Thread
~ Finds At Finders Keepers (Part Four) - Simply Phoebe
~ Finds At Finders Keepers (Part Five) - Bride & Wolfe
~ Finds At Finders Keepers (Part Six) - ChiChi

If you need more gift ideas, do pop down to A Little Bazaar #2.

A Little Bazaar #1 was where The Empress Dowager's New Jewels made their market-debut in September and I'm very happy to be back for the second one.

It's a strictly contemporary jewellery-and-accesssories market with more than 30 designers showing this time around.

A Little Bazaar #2
When:
Saturday 19 December 2009 from 10.00am to 5.00pm

Where:
The Fringe Bar
106 Oxford Street
Paddington

I'm frantically trying to make up more New Jewels and New Ears to take with me so do come down and view the new pieces!

And...the day after A Little Bazaar is the opening of Feast, a group jewellery show that curator Zoe Brand at Studio 20/17 has so kindly invited me to take part in.

The Empress Dowager's New Jewels first ever show in a proper gallery! With 24 much more accomplished jewellery (like real jewellery) designers! I feel so hounoured and fortunate to be asked.

Feast - a celebration of the predetermined as well as the gloriously spontaneous moments that happen around the Christmas feasting table
When:
Opening (and Christmas drinks): Sunday 20 December 2009 from 3.00pm to 6.00pm

The show runs from 20 to 24 December 2009 from 11.00am to 6.00pm daily

Where:
Depot Gallery I
2 Dank Street
Waterloo
NSW 2017
Phone: (02) 9698 7999

I've made three one-off pieces just for Feast from fabric that I hand-printed. I hope they measure up to the other beautiful work that they'll be sitting next to.

Alright, that's all the news for now. Hope to see you at A Little Bazaar and/or Feast. If I don't, have yourself a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! xx

PS. Will be updating with new pieces the moment I complete them.


No comments: